How We Can Help You with an Expungement of Criminal Records
If you are seeking an expungement of your criminal record, the Louisiana Expungement Assistance & Advocacy Center (LEAAC) can help. LEAAC provides legal advice and representation to individuals throughout the state of Louisiana who want to have their criminal records expunged. We know that good people make mistakes, and we believe that when people have paid their debts to society they should have right to a second chance. At LEAAC, we are passionate about helping others. We may be able to assist you in the following manners:
- We will review your situation to determine if you qualify for an expungement and will give you an honest appraisal of your likelihood of success before you commit the financial resources necessary to start the expungement process.
- We will evaluate your goals and expectations to determine whether an expungement will help you in accomplishing your objectives, and we will offer suggestions on the best course of action to take for your particular circumstances.
- We may be able to help you obtain an expungement of a conviction or arrest in circumstances where you might not ordinarily qualify for an expungement of your criminal record.
- We will work to minimize the time you may have to wait to obtain an expungement.
- We can help you shield your criminal arrests and convictions from the prying eyes of employers, banks, loan companies, landlords, insurance companies, colleges and universities, and other private entities.
- We can help you prevent law enforcement officers from having access to your criminal record, except under certain limited circumstances.
- We can help you to force criminal background check companies to delete your negative history in their private databases.
- We can help you to answer “no” on employment applications when you are asked if you have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime.
- We will help you remove your criminal record, dispositions, photographs, fingerprints and all related information from public access.
- We have developed a comprehensive expungement law resource center, and we will provide you with the information and guidance you need at every stage of the process.
- We can help you take legal action against private background check companies that improperly report your criminal history after it has been expunged.
We understand that when you are arrested or convicted of a crime, you may fear that your life is never going to be the same. You probably have serious concerns about your reputation and are wondering just how long you are going to be punished for your past mistakes. LEAAC is devoted to helping individuals who have been arrested or convicted of a crime find the best way to seal their records, so that they can move forward with their lives.
Contact LEAAC Today
If you have questions about the expungement process or would like to discuss your situation with an experienced legal professional, LEAAC is here to help. You can contact us by calling 318.308.7667 or by completing our online contact form. When you contact LEAAC, a dedicated staff member will ask you some pertinent questions so that an experienced expungement law attorney has the information necessary to fully review your case with you.